Turda Salt Mine 圖爾達鹽礦
Salina Turda is a salt mine in the Durgău-Valea Sărată area of Turda, the second largest city in Cluj County, Romania. Opened for tourists in 1992, the Salina Turda was visited by about 618,000 Romanian and foreign tourists just in 2017.
Salina Turda was ranked among the “25 hidden gems around the world that are worth the trek”.
Salina Turda是位於羅馬尼亞克魯日縣第二大城市圖爾達Durgău-ValeaSărată地區的鹽礦。 在1992年為遊客開放的Salina Turda僅在2017年就有大約618,000名羅馬尼亞和外國遊客參觀。
Salt was first extracted here during the antiquity and the mine continuously produced table salt from the Middle Ages, the mine being first mentioned in 1075, to the early–20th century (1932).
The first document that speaks explicitly about the existence of a salt mine in Turda dates from 1 May 1271, being issued by the Hungarian chancellery. Documents preserved from the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries that refer to the Turda salt mines mention that salines were arranged in Băile Sărate microdepression and on the south-eastern slope of the Valea Sărată. Operating rooms were placed on the sites of current salt lakes from the perimeters mentioned above. In the seventeenth century has begun first salt mining works on the north-western slope of Valea Valea Sărată, evidenced by shafts in the dome of Terezia room. Shortly after, the Sfântul Anton mine was opened, where mining activity continued until the first half of the twentieth century.
第一份明確說明在圖爾達存在鹽礦的文件可追溯至1271年5月1日，由匈牙利總理府發布。 從十三世紀到十四世紀保存的涉及圖爾達鹽礦的文件提到鹽水被安排在BăileSărate微表情和ValeaSărată的東南斜坡上。 從上述周邊將手術室放置在現有鹽湖的位置上。 在十七世紀，已開始在ValeaValeaSărată的西北坡上進行第一次鹽礦開採工作，Terezia房間的圓頂上有豎井。 不久之後，SfântulAnton礦開了，採礦活動一直持續到二十世紀上半葉。
Turda salt mine was renovated and it reopened its doors in 2010 after a €5,888,000 investment.
Since 1992, Salina Turda has been a halotherapy center and a popular tourist attraction. In 2008, the salt mine was modernized and improved under the program PHARE 2005 ESC large regional/local infrastructure, worth six million euros. It was reopened to tourism in January 2010.
自1992年以來，Salina Turda一直是一個鹵療中心和一個受歡迎的旅遊景點。 2008年，根據PHARE 2005 ESC大型區域/地方基礎設施計劃，鹽礦進行了現代化和改進，價值600萬歐元。 它於2010年1月重新開放給旅遊業。
The Iosif Mine can be visited through the balconies carved in salt. It is next to the Franz Josef Gallery. This mine is a conical chamber 112 meters deep 67 meters wide at the base. Because of its shape and lack of communication with the other major mining points, this mine has a powerful echo, leading to it being called the “Echoes Room”.
The octagonal room hosts a winch called “crivac” or “gepel”, rudimentary machinery used to lift salt rocks on the surface. It dates from 1881. This machine replaced another, smaller in size, that was installed in 1864. It is the only machine of this kind in all salt mines in Romania and probably in Europe that keeps in its original location.
It is a conical mine (bell mine). Salt mining in this type of room left behind underground halls of impressive dimensions: 90 m height and 87 m diameter. The depth from the mouth of the shafts to the base of the mine is 112 m. A “cascade of salt”, an underground lake, stalactites and salt efflorescences complete the inert equilibrium of the giant bell. The underground lake is between 0.5 and 8 m deep and is extended on about 80 percent of the operating room hearth area. In the center of the lake there is an island formed from residual salt deposited here after 1880, the year when salt mining ended in this room.
Forty-two meters deep, 50 meters wide, and 80 meters long, Rudolf mine is the last place where salt was exploited in Turda. Through the compartment of access, 172 steps lead to the mine hearth.On the walls of each of the 13 “floors” is marked the year when the respective level was exploited. On the north-western ceiling formed over the years salt stalactites, some even three meters long. The panoramic elevator offers tourists an overview of the whole mine.
Gizela mine and technical rooms in the north-eastern extremity of the salt mine are similar to those of Rudolf mine, but much smaller because the salt exploration stopped shortly after the opening of this mine. Currently this mine is equipped as a spa treatment room with natural aerosols.
The underground gallery of this mine constitutes a geological reserve, access to tourists being not allowed in this room. It is 15 m above the transport gallery (Franz Josef gallery). Infiltrations of water on the extraction pit determined the deposition of efflorescences and formation of stalactites, and in the lake that partially covers the hearth of the room formed salt crystals. The room has received the tourist name of Crystal Hall.
Don’t you think it’s addictive?
Want to know more about the beauty of architecture?
Come and join our members to explore the beauty of architectural design.
The above article is purely for appreciation and sharing purposes, as well as the construction of new technology and the public can be in-depth understanding of the information at the same time there are sources, will be able to query, no use of the document as a commercial transaction, if illegal, please inform the We will immediately remove the site, thank you for cooperation.